Contact us ~ Telephone: 01283 585803 ~ email@example.com
Tiger Moth Flights – World War Two Training
Experience the thrill of an authentic WWII training flight!
Setting the scene…
It’s a clear morning at the airfield as you arrive and you’ve just caught a glimpse of the DH Tiger Moth aircraft, perfectly parked in an orderly row out on the flight-line. The serenity of the scene only hints at the excitement to come as you watch the faithful ground crew making their final checks. Fuel, oil, chocks in place, cockpits prepared and of course, one last affectionate swipe of the cleaning rag across the small but functional windscreens. Ground crews treat each aircraft as if they were their own children. Nothing is too much trouble and no effort is spared when it comes to looking after these magical machines.
It’s the day of your first training flight. As a newly recruited trainee fighter pilot, you are overflowing with excitement and anticipation. On completion of a few short flights, the wings displayed proudly on your newly tailored uniform will announce to the world that you’re a pilot. Not just any pilot though; you’re a fighter pilot in the RAF. You’ve overcome all of the challenges that have been thrown at you, and prevailed.
About the experience
The complete experience lasts for 45 minutes, including 10 minutes of flight time, during which the trainee pilot will experience what it was like to fly in a WWII training aeroplane. (Tiger Moths were used as Training Aircraft by the RAF).
- The Trainee will be sent detailed instructions on what to do on the day.
- On reporting for duty, the student pilot will be dressed in vintage flying equipment including a flying suit, sheepskin flying jacket, leather flying helmet and goggles and the obligatory white flying scarf.
- The student will then receive a full flight briefing before being escorted to their aircraft, where they will meet their flying instructor.
- Having been escorted around the aircraft, the ground crew will help the student into the aircraft, strap them in before providing a full safety brief.
- Once the student is handed over to their instructor, they will be in full intercom contact with the instructor throughout the duration of the flight.
- Following take off, the instructor will demonstrate some basic manoeuvres used by early fighter pilots, and still used to this day, before returning the aircraft to base at Derby for debriefing.
- After the flight the student will be treated to a framed photo souvenir of their aircraft. They will also receive an A4 certificate to celebrate the achievement of successfully completing their training experience.
Dambuster Run Gift Voucher£499.00
Tiger Moth Flights – Gift Voucher ~ 60 Minutes£450.00
Tiger Moth Flights – Gift Voucher ~ 30 Minutes£269.00
Tiger Moth Flights – Gift Voucher ~ Vintage Air Tour of Tutbury ~ Special Offer!